While we are witnessing a slow but steady rise in oil prices relative to the price declines in recent years, the majority of people in India will inevitably feel the consequences. This steady increase in fuel prices is slowly but surely undermining the monthly budgets of those for whom buying a car is more of a necessity than a luxury. Although the average Indian has no control over the price of fuel, we can certainly benefit from lucrative offers on credit cards offering discounts and cash back, especially when you buy fuel with your credit card. credit.
Several credit cards in India have links with oil companies across the country and are sold as co-branded cards. Apart from these, there are also few other credit cards that offer you fuel rewards. By choosing these cards, the purchase of fuel may cost you a little less and will reward you with the inevitable fuel costs in your budget for your trips and weekends.
|The 5 Best Fuel Credit Cards in India|
|Credit Cards||Fuel Benefits|
|IndianOil Citibank Platinum Credit Card||Save 5% on purchasing fuel at IndianOil outlets|
|RBL Titanium Delight Credit Card||1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions at all domestic petrol pumps*|
|Standard Chartered Titanium Credit Card||5% cashback on fuel spends across all fuel stations*|
|IndusInd Platinum Aura Credit Card||Waiver of 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all petrol pumps|
|ICICI Bank HPCL Coral American Express Credit Card||5% cashback on fuel purchases at HPCL fuel pumps*|
In addition to the fuel benefits, these cards also offer several other benefits, described later in this article. But before that, let us talk about a few things you should consider when choosing a credit card to purchase fuel.
Before opting for a credit card, especially to meet your fuel requirements, make sure your card is accepted at most gas pumps or the ones you use most often. If this is not the case, you risk losing the potential benefits of a credit card.
Remember that most credit cards charge an annual fee. However, you can remove these fees if you spend a minimum annual amount, which is directed by their respective banks. So before you decide to opt for your credit card, make sure you know the terms and conditions associated with it.
In addition to fuel savings, you can also check out the different benefits available on your card to receive rewards even when you use your card at several other sites, not just gas pumps.
Also make sure that the reward points accumulated on your card account can be exchanged without any problem.
In the next section, you’ll learn some of the key benefits and features of today’s top five credit cards, commonly used in India for fuel purchases:
- Offers benefit of 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions at any domestic petrol pumps up to a maximum of Rs.100 in each billing cycle.
- Offers at BigBazaar with 5% cash back on shopping done on Wednesdays.
- 40 Reward Points for every Rs.100 spent at PizzaHut/Domino’s Pizza online on Wednesdays.
- Offers 2.5X rewards for every Rs. 100 spent in case of other.
- Book my show offer of 1+1 movie ticket free once every month on Wednesdays.
- On spending more than Rs 1 Lac or more on your card, the second year fee of Rs. 750 is waived off.
2. IndianOil Citibank Platinum Credit Card
- Offers you the benefit of saving 5% on purchasing fuel at IndianOil outlets.
- As a joining perk, you will receive 250 bonus points.
- Full waiver of the fuel surcharge (1%) on fuel purchases.
- You receive 4 Turbo Points on every fuel purchase worth Rs. 150 at IndianOil outlets.
- Turbo points can be redeemed in lieu of fuel purchases at 1200+ Indian Oil petrol pumps.
- If you spend more than Rs.10,000 in one transaction, you are entitled to receive 4X Turbo Points for every Rs.150 spent.
- Additional 30% cashback on International Hotel Bookings on Makemytrip.com.
- You also receive 2 Turbo Points on every Rs 150 spent on grocery and at supermarkets and 1 Turbo Point on every Rs 150 spent on shopping, dining and entertainment.
3. ICICI Bank HPCL Coral American Express Credit Card
- Offers you the benefit of earning 6 PAYBACK Points on every Rs. 100 spent.
- You can redeem 2000 PAYBACK Points for buying fuel worth Rs. 500.
- 5% cashback on fuel purchases at HPCL fuel pumps – Minimum amount ₹500.
- Offers benefit of 2.5% on transactions on fuel up to a maximum of Rs. 4,000.
- Save upto 15% at over 800 restaurants, as part of the Culinary Treats program.
- Get discount of Rs 100 on upto two movie tickets bought from the Bookmyshow.com
4. Standard Chartered Titanium Credit Card
- Earn 5% cashback on fuel spends across all fuel stations up to a maximum of INR 200 per month (max of INR 100 per transaction).
- Get 1 reward point for every INR 150 on all other expenses.
- Avail 5% cashback on telephone bills payments up to a maximum of INR 200 per mon
- Earn 5% cashback on utility bill payments up to a maximum of INR 100 per month.
- Enjoy 5x rewards for overseas point-of-sales spends and a complimentary Priority Pass allowing access to 1000+ airport lounges worldwide with one free usage per month.
- Enjoy a host of discounts and offers across dining, shopping, travel and many more.
5. IndusInd Platinum Aura Credit Card
- Waiver of 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all petrol pumps.
- Savings on every expense ranging from 0.5 point to 4 points for every Rs. 100 spent using the card.
- Unmatched travel rewards on air/rail tickets, car rental expenses and hotel expenses.
- Complimentary travel insurance coverage bouquet, including lost or delayed baggage, loss of ticket and passport, as well as missed connections.
- Complimentary membership into the Bon Vivant, Platinum Lounge Access, Priority Pass Membership and Platinum Aura privileges.
- Auto Assist – you can now call for help 24-Hours, all 365 days, including roadside repair service, emergency fuel supply, flat tire services, keys locked inside and accident management & medical assistance.